Friday, December 16, 2016

Epic Snowboarding in New Zealand

Back in August, Jez called me to say he had 6 days off and wanted to go snowboarding to New Zealand. Excited for him I was keen to go with him myself but I was still in Canada and had two weeks left before my flight home. A few phone calls later and all plans had changed and before I knew it I was on a plane to Queenstown with Jez.  We landed into Queenstown to an amazing view, snowcapped mountains everywhere. It was stunning.


5 days later we had tested out every ski resort in the Wanaka / Queenstown area. Snowboarding every hour we could.

Jez ripping it up

Stopping for a quick snow ball fight

Jez chasing down my loose board about to do the runs by itself

We travelled and lived in a funky Juicy camper van. Jez just fitting in. Each night we would find a cool campsite at the base of a mountain next to a river or a lake, watching the star filled sky each night as we went to bed. Then bright and early each morning we would wake to an amazing sunrise, cruise up the mountain, put on our gear and hit the slopes.

Juicy camper living

Snow life

So much snow
I've always wanted to snowboard with Jez so this was such an epic week. We explored the Treble Cone bowl blasting down slope after slope.Had fun trying to fit snow chains to get to Cardrona and enjoyed the stunning views from Coronet Peak. Before finishing the week on the baby snow park at the Remarkables.


The weather was perfect, the snow was great. All in all an epic week and Jez has captured it in an awesome 3 minute film.