Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Awesome day for Team GB in Lienz


Lienz view from castle


Last night the competitiors and organisers gathered at the Lienz castle for the official opening ceremony of the European Freestyle Kayaking Championships 2010.


Team GB Senior and Junior Ladies (Gabby, Rachel, Nicky, Claire, Flea, Jenny and Sally)
The results are in for the first day of competition at the 2010 European Championships here in Lienz;

Paul King Cartwheeling

The OC1s were first to the water and opened the event in style with Team GB's Paul King battling hard to complete his technical run of cartwheels and splits, just missing out on the finals.

International C1 clan
(inl Paul UK, Orky Ireland, Kev Ireland)


Next up were the junior men and the British lads stole the show with some huge scoring rides, finishing Brendon Orton 1st, James Benns 2nd, Rhyss Roberts 4th and James Weight in 12th.


James Benns Huge Space Godzilla

I was up first in the ladies event. A slow start in my first run meant I had a lot to do in my second run. Again I started off pretty slow but I managed to pull it together in the last 25 secs nailing most of my planned run. It was then a waiting game, I sat and watched and cheered on the rest of my team mates and competitors. The results came out and I had finished 2nd putting me through to the semi finals in a great position. Flea Jarvie also did really well finishing 7th place. Unfortunately Jenny Chrimes and Nicola Beeby just missed out on the semi final cut.


Claire O setting up for the next move

Last up it was the C1s turn. Again the GB lads took to the feature in style and dominated the event with some well planned and executed runs. With all 3 making into the semi finals; Stu Parry 2nd, Adam Ramadam 4th and Lee Pyke in 5th.

Adam Ramdan throws down a massive loop

All in all an awesome day on the water for Team GB. Massive thanks have to go to the team coaches Sam Ward and Ross Montandon for their hard work and support all day.

Team GB 2010

Up tomorrow are the Junior Ladies and the Senior Men, fingers crossed that the good luck continues and we have even more British paddlers through to the next round.